Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This is a photo of my 296 taken at 12:35 today 28/11/2021
You can see it thinks it is 13:35 on 14/04/2002.

I presume this is related to a GPS rollover event . I have checked that it is running the most up to date software. I have also deleted all user data.
Since it seems to work otherwise and is only a back up device I can live with it but I wonder
a) Does everyone with a 296 have the same problem and
b) if not why not. What have I done wrong?
Thanks.
Last edited by Dodo on Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dodo
Thanks all. It did survive the 2019 rollover but something has happened to it in the last few months. I'll try to set the date manually, but as already hinted at, the internal battery doesn't work, so I don't suppose it will keep that date, but it is worth a try.

Incidentally the factory GPS in my previous car, a 2007 Volvo, stopped working earlier in the year, showing me about 10 miles south west of my actual position. In this case, as I live on the south coast, it was mid channel.

@Peter Mundy What did you update please, the software or the database?
By PeteSpencer
Just looked : my 296 is fine, is on its original internal battery and has never had a problem Used regularly every flight as part of my quadruple navigational redundancy.

Sorry if that doesn’t help .
Dodo liked this
By Dodo
Thanks all.
@low&slow had it.
This option allowed me to change the year to 2021, (it only lets you set the year, not the rest of the date) and when it next autolocated it adjusted to show the correct date. Now because the internal memory battery is dead it will be interesting to see how well it keeps the date in the future.

If interested this is the page. You have to navigate to the Current time and date line and then push the menu button. I'll edit the title of this thread to save confusion.