Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
And personally neither it nor thanksgiving mean anything much to me as a Brit, but...

Anybody got links to any interesting aviation bargains to be had online today? Last year I got the whole UK's 2020 OS landranger maps from Memorymap for £35, so I'm totally open to suggestions.

G
By PeteSpencer
I've been waiting all year for a reduction on a final Ring spotlight camera to complete our house 'security'.

I was not disappointed........... :wink:

Not aviation-related, I agree, but Black Friday can serve its purpose used sensibly and doesn't deserve the scorn so frequently visited on it.................. :roll:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
Just been to the market and the local bookshop, Black Friday did not feature, happily, though the regular loyalty card discount did :-)
kanga liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
Pete L wrote:Still got a Breezer share going. :D

And don't think I haven't looked at your advert many times, it looks like a lovely aeroplane and you're not far from me. Mainly it doesn't tick my boxes of "small share" and overlaps too much with the capabilities of my other aircraft, but I'll happily swap rides with my Monsun share sometime (or sometime next year when she's flying, something old, pristine, and lacking a training wheel or electric starter).

G
Last edited by Genghis the Engineer on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete L liked this
By avtur3
Genghis the Engineer wrote: .... And personally neither it nor thanksgiving mean anything much to me as a Brit ....

G

Perhaps a tad off 'Black Friday', but picking up on your comment about 'Thanksgiving', I think our American cousins deserve some credit for the way they celebrate Thanksgiving. In my experience it is an entirely family focused event which causes people to make the most significant effort to travel and be with their loved ones for just one day of the year.

Having lived in the USA through several Thanksgivings, I would say that Thanksgiving means more to most American families than Christmas. My experience of Thanksgiving is that I think it is whole lot more of a family celebration than a UK Christmas.

The problem with Christmas is that it is all caught up in gifts, presents, whatever you want to call them. My experience of Thanksgiving is that it is simply about people being together with loved ones. Sure, there is the excess of food and drink (similar to Christmas) but without the mad rush to offer increasingly unwanted and unnecessary gifts.
johnm, JAFO, kanga liked this