Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Got this email from SkyWise
Upcoming changes to Flight Crew Licensing rating application forms

Please be advised the PDF (paper) versions of the following six Flight Crew Licensing rating application forms will be withdrawn on 13 January 2022 and replaced with a single online form:

SRG1119A
SRG1119B
SRG1119C
SRG1119E
SRG1173
SRG1161

We have also updated the following course / landing completion certificates

SRG1107
SRG1112
SRG5011

Online application form SRG3108 is now live and can be used for class, type and instrument rating applications, including ratings for microlights and airships.

Please note that the old PDF (paper) forms will not be accepted from 13 January 2022.

SRG1119E is reval by experience which currently has no fee. This email suggests there will be a £93 fee.
"SRG1119E is reval by experience which currently has no fee. This email suggests there will be a £93 fee."

It does, doesn't it.
However, if you can wade through to page 4 or 5 you will find a statement that one done by the examiner on the spot is free.

Bloatware.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
TLRippon wrote:But as most are done by 945 instructors what then, £93?

No.

I have 945 privs, and sign as an examiner on a 1119E when revalidating, so I wouldn’t expect this to be any different.

My understanding is that charges only apply when the applicant is asking the CAA to take the licence action i.e. update the ratings section with the new entry.
I spent a chunk of time yesterday saving copies of loads of different forms in anticipation of more; "Let's do everything on the twaternet". Little did I know I was perhaps just in time.
I'm fully aware the time will come when I can no longer use them with pen and post, but I need to look at them in advance of submitting them to find out what info they bl%%dy well require! I prefer to be prepared before tackling forms of any kind.
I hope that this is a typically badly-worded notice from the CAA (I refer you to the revalidation dispensation for covid). This may mean: “hey, we’re removing these revalidation forms and will provide an online one. In other news there is already an online form for licence and rating applications. “