Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
who have , in their group a member(s) who live (s) permanently in another country ? (Europe).

If so would they be prepared confidentially to share with me their thoughts/ideas/misgivings/encouragement?

If so please contact me by PM or e mail initially.

Full confidentiality guaranteed.

Many thanks in advance

Peter
Un-confidentially, we have a group member who is currently living in Australia thanks to a career that ended in that end of the world with Cathay (I think). He's a wonderful man and we all miss him greatly. We really would love him to return and come and hang out at the strip once in a while. He's declined offers for his share, so hopefully he's intending to come back and fly with us again. There's nothing bad about it in terms of group operation, just socially.

I suppose if he flew the shareoplane a lot but then returned to forrin lands without helping out with group stuff then that might grate a bit, but he doesn't fly at all, and he's such a great guy he would have to have a total personality transplant to get himself into a position where anybody in the group would want to sanction him.
PeteSpencer liked this
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Pete, I live in Europe but holding a share in an aeroplane in the UK would not be a problem, would it?

Owning property or goods in the UK is not affected by Brexit as yet as I understand it; some oligarchs might object.

Have emailed you to address in your tagline below.
Another un-confidential answer, I've been in several syndicates with members who spent a majority of their lives outside of the UK (I particularly can think of one who spent pretty much everything but winter in the Caribbean, and another who was a ships captain).

I don't recall any problems beyond the obvious fact that these folks tended to be rather variably available for in-personal working groups and meetings. Other than that, they've been treated like everybody else, beyond perhaps a little more tolerance for their making the odd longer booking when they were in the UK, given they made no demands on the aeroplane the rest of the time.

G
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
2Donkeys wrote:I too will shortly be living outside the UK, whilst continuing to hold a share in a little C150 at Little Staughton. No immediate issues spring to mind with the arrangement.

Paris, Frankfurt or Amsterdam?

God's own Island - Guernsey.
2Donkeys wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
2Donkeys wrote:I too will shortly be living outside the UK, whilst continuing to hold a share in a little C150 at Little Staughton. No immediate issues spring to mind with the arrangement.

Paris, Frankfurt or Amsterdam?

God's own Island - Guernsey.

@2Donkeys,I know that I suggested early on that you move your aircraft to the 2-reg to circumvent the FAA licence issue, but I wasn’t suggesting that you move there lock, stock and barrel :lol: !

Iceman 8)
Rob P, PeteSpencer, 2Donkeys and 1 others liked this