Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m officially sorry to all if my comment about the Posh Paramotor fraternity caused offence, and got a thread deleted.

I just need to learn to respect them and ignore how they tar us with their brush.

In time, I will.

Happy Sunday night to all. 8)
Flyin'Dutch', skydriller, Lockhaven and 2 others liked this
By skydriller
Now thats funny ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Just as joking about farmers stood on private strips with shotgun in hand shouting "oi!! No PPR??? Get orf my land!!" is funny... :wink: )

(but I didnt think that bashing somebody in public with personal reg etc on the OPs post was :| )

Regards, SD..
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
From what DaveW wrote it wasn't that that got it donked but rather the publishing of the Registration of the Cirrus.

Whilst I think that it might have been better to omit the identifiable parts, it does strike me a bit like throwing away the baby with the bathwater as it was a good discussion highlighting a real risky situation and something which is done by many powered pilots be it Glider Launch sites or Parachuting Areas, and thus worthy of discussion.

A minor edit of the OP would have done the job.

So a few learning points have now gone.

1. Don't overfly Glider Sites at a dumb height;
2. Don't publish other people's identifiable stuff on a thread on a public forum;
3. It is considered better to contact a pilot direct if you have their details;
4. I wear a funny hat when gliding.

:D
A le Ron, townleyc liked this
By Lockhaven
TheFarmer wrote:I’m officially sorry to all if my comment about the Posh Paramotor fraternity caused offence, and got a thread deleted.

I just need to learn to respect them and ignore how they tar us with their brush.

In time, I will.

Happy Sunday night to all. 8)

Dam, have I missed another one of your epic posts while out :)
By midlifec
It was my post that was the issue, and the inclusion of the N registration for which I apologise, there is still the issue of the double overflight and apparent lack of respect or awareness of gliding/ parachute sites. Reporting this to the CAA doesn’t appear to be impacting on these overflights, and in truth probably only serves to stress the offenders, what can be done to properly raise awareness ?
By A le Ron
Mods, would it be possible to reinstate this thread, tail numbers redacted?
Nick liked this
By seanxair
FR 24 is a public site and the 'tail number' (is that an American term?) was merely copied to here?
By Rob P
So. Some idiot did something potentially dangerous to others. The evidence is available in the public domain, but we allowed to see this?

I wonder why?

Rob P
By Nick
Rob P wrote:So. Some idiot did something potentially dangerous to others. The evidence is available in the public domain, but we allowed to see this?

I wonder why?

Rob P

Perhaps somebody with a Cirrus has a bit of clout. Hmm?

Nick
By Flyin'Dutch'
@A le Ron I have a screenshot of the OP without tail number.

@Dave W I cut off the bit which had the tail on it, trust that is OK? If not just donk my post.
By Dave W
Nick wrote:Perhaps somebody with a Cirrus has a bit of clout. Hmm?

Don't be daft.

As I was at pains to point out, we don't care for public shaming of registrations or names here especially before all the facts are in.

That's a sensible policy regardless of how 'obvious' a situation may appear. There have been numerous examples on here in the past where the situation has not been as clear cut as it might at first appear.

It is for that reason (and others, especially if an accident has occurred) that we request that names and registrations are not disclosed in the immediate aftermath and until all facts are in.

I did say that in the other post; but maybe it is simply the case that conspiracy theories can be more appealing even than a social media pile-on to an identifiable pilot colleague.

@Flyin'Dutch', that's fine.

A minor edit of the OP would have done the job.

Not by me. I have access to a phone only, and in any event have other priorities on a Sunday evening.

Consider how each of you might feel if piled-onto before all the info is in. Not so clear-cut then, perhaps?
Flyin'Dutch', G-BLEW, Ben K and 1 others liked this
By skydriller
For the record, I didnt like how the thread was headed and think Dave has done the right thing here.

If the pic from FR24 had not had the reg info and some pretty harsh personal comments about the Pilot involved, then I think a discussion highlighting the dangers of Launch sites using the trace as an example - even including some Cirus banter - would have been fine.

But the way it looked like it was going... :ncool:

Regards, SD..
AlanM liked this