Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lockhaven wrote:
skydriller wrote:"As long as I stay next to the boss man in the upyellow bird, Im safe..!!"

Not if he pokes a shotgun out of the window he isn't :lol:

Well yeah... but shooting one on the ground just wouldnt be cricket... however!!... Air to Air pheasant combat is a whole different league!! 8)

Regards, SD..
Lockhaven liked this
By StratoTramp
Ridders wrote:Farmer that was awesome! He just wanted to formate with you :-)
They often come in pairs!

Saw about 30 of the critters, mostly in the road this morning on my way for a walk at Pegsdon Hills. They are 'scary' enough in a car. I've already got one big hole in my grill from a pigeon. :lol: don't need another.

Must be getting ready for a shoot again.
By Iceman
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:The good thing of the Maule is that you have a big 'get me out of trouble' button so you can move off should things get tricky.

Stop posting delicious pictures like this or I may have to convert my pension fund into a Maule!

@Flyin'Dutch', go on Frank, you know it makes sense …., well, right up until the point your Mrs gets hold of you, at least :lol: !

Iceman 8)
Flyin'Dutch', derekf liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
TheFarmer wrote:I have my own certain problems at home….

I had one at Bourne Park some years back that would come up and hang around the aeroplane as I was trying to get it started. A few times I had to shut down, get out and chase it away and hope to get the engine warm enough to taxi out before it came back. Sometimes it took two or three shutdowns before that would be achieved. On taxying out I tended to give it some welly until it couldn't keep up with me any more.

On landing it would come over again. It would watch as I put the aeroplane to bed and then start following me to my car, but wouldn't venture as far as the concrete farm yard.

skydriller wrote:however!!... Air to Air pheasant combat is a whole different league!! 8)

I was taking off from Enstone once when a pheasant ran at me from the side, across the runway, on a collision course. I used the rudder to swerve around it and by that point I had got the nosewheel up. The pheasant got airborne just behind my wing...right into the wingtip vortex. It did a couple of rolls and then went splat onto the runway. It stuck its head up and looked around as if to say, "WTF just happened?!"
Dave W, rohmer, kanga liked this
By AndyR
For possible interest, the approach into our strip. Wind was 340/16, strip direction 050.

Challenging but fun and every approach is unique dependent on wind direction, strength and gusts.

No fancy music, just engine noise (and stall warner), so might want to turn volume down.

TheFarmer, mick w, Mz Hedy and 6 others liked this
By Iceman
@AndyR, always an approach that gets the motorists on the A24 calling the emergency services, having thought that they’d just witnessed a crash. I went in there once with Captain McKinnon but I can’t remember what in, Bulldog, Cub or Decathlon.

Iceman 8)
By AndyR
skydriller wrote:@AndyR Hard to see what is out to the left on your video - is there a reason for the curved low level approach?

Regards, SD..

Basically the reason Iceman refers to, plus noise abatement, plus tall trees on straight in as well as a do not fly over neighbour. There is a similar right left base join but that leads to too many reports of an aircraft crashing and it gets boring having plod turn up to see if the pilot is ok.