Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sooty25
johnm wrote:Internet on board ship opens some interesting doors:-)

Probably the Captains door for a Court Martial hearing I'd have thought!
Last edited by Sooty25 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Typically intelligent analysis from "Sir Humphrey" on the footage and other issues around the accident itself:
Jumping to Leaked Conclusions..
By Dave W
Nope - but then there are soundbites a-plenty everywhere else.

I find the availability of long-form reasoning on complex subjects is a novelty these days and often quite refreshing. :D
kanga, MikeB liked this
By skydriller
Kemble Pitts wrote:Hmm, succinct he ain't...

Funnily enough, there are alot of subjects that cant be reduced to a 15 second soundbite if you want to understand the issue properly. Something significantly missing from alot of todays "news"... :roll:
T6Harvard liked this
By lobstaboy
Dave W wrote:Typically intelligent analysis from "Sir Humphrey" on the footage and other issues around the accident itself:
Jumping to Leaked Conclusions..

Good write up. I was amused that it says "almost anyone in a ship's company or infantry battalion can film and post footage..."
Does the writer exclude RAF personnel by accident, or design I wonder? ;)
By Sooty25
UK Defence Journal, an online outlet focused on the British military, reported on Tuesday that a sailor suspected of leaking the footage was arrested and flown back to Britain.

And rightly so. However, it's a bit shocking that there is open internet access out there.