Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Bare factual narrative appeared in BBC North Yorkshire livestream on Monday 15 Nov:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/york ... _yorkshire

"Pilot killed in light aircraft crash

A pilot has died in a light aircraft crash near Selby in North Yorkshire, police say.

Emergency services were called to Breighton Airfield in Bubwith on Sunday afternoon, to reports of the crash.

The pilot is thought to have got into difficulty while trying to land and police said the occupant of the aircraft, believed to be the pilot, died.

The Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) said its inspectors were on site to gather evidence on Monday."
I was there with about 30 others ,and had spoken to him 5 minutes before ,he took off behind me ,and crashed right in front of the Remembrance assembly , such a terrible tradegy ,Alan was a stalwart PFA er , and was always among the first and last at the Rally , a really good chap , gone forever . :pale:
rikur_, Melanie Moxon, DBD34 liked this
mick w wrote:I was there with about 30 others ,and had spoken to him 5 minutes before ,he took off behind me ,and crashed right in front of the Remembrance assembly , such a terrible tradegy ,Alan was a stalwart PFA er , and was always among the first and last at the Rally , a really good chap , gone forever . :pale:

Remembrance Sunday at Breighton will never be the same again that's for sure :cry: