Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
May have already been covered but,

Is there always an official at Calais or Le Touquet to put an exit stamp on a passport on departure?
I gather not getting an exit stamp can cause problems.

Thanks
By mpk
What might be problematic is not being recorded on the immigration system as having exited (the lack of an ink stamp isn't on it's own the problem). Not sure how seriously the French and others are taking this, but not being recorded as departed and then for eg. flying scheduled into Germany/Italy/Spain or wherever a few months later might have you appear as being an overstayer.

I'd be looking to seek out an official to do this before departing.
By Dave W
In almost all cases nowadays (I can't think of any French airfield close to the Channel where not) you are required to give some outbound notice to Customs in advance, so even if there is nobody actually there when you pass through you can point at a record of least least the pilot's name!
By nallen
Never mind stamps in passports, there's the new EES (Entry/Exit System) coming soon to keep tabs on us third-country nationals...
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Dave W
That could be a good thing if the self-service kiosks as shown in this graphic are available at GA Customs fields, especially near the Channel.

They might potentially reduce, or even remove, some of the current notice period restrictions [/glass-half-full]

(Graphic from here)
johnm liked this
By johnm
I love this forum.

EES was news to me and it looks like quite decent damage limitation for the loss of EU citizenship should it go ahead reasonably quickly.....Is there knowledge of timescales amongst the cognoscenti???
By GrahamB
I’m not sure I want to rock up to an airfield where there’s only a fallible machine* to decide whether or not I can go landside.

*On a couple of occasions I’ve had to be manually processed at Gatwick when Robbie the Robot fails to read my passport.

Missing stamp is not an issue just more hassle with journey logs and showing more papers, go enjoy your trip to Calais & L2K :thumleft:

No one clearly understands when a passport should be stamped at EU/UK borders but for sure they can't stamp ID cards, from Oct this applies only to those with Art50 privileges who can still use ID cards untill they die :lol:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 89&from=EN

“Article 11 of the SBC introduces a possible presumption of illegal stay of a third-country national found on the territory of a Schengen Member State or when exiting the Schengen area without bearing an entry stamp. In this situation, the third-country national may rebut the presumption by providing, by any means, credible evidence, such as transport tickets or hotel bills, proof of his/her presence outside the Schengen area, that he/she has respected the condition of a short stay in the Schengen zone. In such a case, the competent national authorities shall indicate in the travel document, in accordance with national law and practice, the date and the place of the crossing of the external border of one of the Member States.”