Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’d be the first to admit that, when I started this thread, I thought that Zara wouldn’t be completing the trip this winter, and would have to leave the aircraft in Alaska / Russia, finishing the trip when better weather returns. I take my hat off to her perseverance and drive to complete the trip in one go. A great ambassador for light aviation throughout the world, illustrating what can be done with a capable VFR-only aircraft.

Well done Zara :thumright:.

It would be great to see you back at Blackbushe sometime. Please consider your ‘qualifying cross-country’ as a pass :lol:.

Iceman 8)
T6Harvard, Nick, nallen and 3 others liked this
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Guinness is ahead of the FAI. Zara was awarded a certificate for being the youngest person to circumnavigate the world in a microlight, when FAI does not recognise 600kg microlights. :)

It is also interesting that Belgium have a world record holder in a category that does not exist there. :)
By CloudHound
I see there is an honour called the Order of Leopald l in the gift of the Belgian Govt. Far be it for me to tell them what to do but I can’t think of a better recipient.

Funny to wake up and not look at where Zara is each morning as I’ve been doing for 5 months. :?
By kanga
I'me trying to imagine the conversation at her first meeting with her Tutor or Director of Studies at her university this September: ".. and what did you do on your gap year ?" :wink:
nallen, Dave W, Paul_Sengupta and 5 others liked this