Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyzolo Team Update - Day 103
Believe it or not but Zara is still stuck in #Ayan, #Russia... There was a weather window and Zara was ready for take-off but... Her destination airfield, #Kalinka, #Gaborovsk, had too much snow on the runway. :(

Iceman 8)
T6Harvard liked this
By TheFarmer
She’s probably quite happy there. Lashings of vodka, lots of Russian men to have a laugh with, and as much bland food and boiled ham as she wants.

8)
By Stampe
The resilience of youth and displaying such grit determination and skill.What a way to use a gap year as a personal statement to the the universities of the world ..this must give Zara her choice of university and course.Such an achievement cannot be ignored.I attended a talk given by her father at Rochester a couple of years back very entertaining interesting and charming.Zara comes with great pedigree! Still a long way to go keep your guard up Zara!Huge respect to this young lady already.
Stampe
Fly Safe Considerate Compliant.
T6Harvard, patsr22 liked this
By patowalker
Weather, visas and Covid. :(

"It has been challenging," Rutherford told reporters at Gimpo International Airport after arriving from Vladivostok in her bespoke Shark ultralight plane, the world's fastest microlight.

"I was stuck in Alaska because of visa and weather issues for a month and I was stuck in Russia for a month because of visa and weather issues," she said. "I was hoping to complete it by Christmas but I guess that’s not happening anymore, but it’s an adventure."
Rutherford, who is to remain in hotel before her planned departure for Taiwan on Monday, said she expects to complete her journey by mid-January.

With enhanced COVID-related travel restrictions, Rutherford said she has sometimes not been allowed to see local places in some countries.

"I’m seeing these places from the air and that is the most incredible thing," she said. "Although I’m not always allowed to go and visit, walk around and check out museums and restaurants, I can always see them from the air and it’s pretty incredible.”