Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By VRB_20kt
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
To fly a TMG you will learn the skills of tail wheel and probably variable/changeable pitch prop. However, the training you receive doesn’t count as differences training for SEP purposes.

Having said that, if you get your TMG then differences training for SEP is likely to be a formality.
RipAndTear liked this
It will all be covered in your TMG rating course training - give Motorglide.co.uk a shout if you need details.

Ps - LAPLs don’t have ratings - they have privileges

Pps - pedantically there is no FCL700 requirement for differences training within the TMG class
RipAndTear liked this
Easy answer RipAndTear:
No!

It's a pity that your school does not know its way around the regulations (it is not alone).

The list of differences training required is in GM1 FCL.700, found in the Easy Access Rules for Part-FCL.
In that list, TMG - the entire class - is noted as not needing differences training.

Enjoy.

(just noticed I've crossed with MattL: we agree!)
RipAndTear liked this
Thanks to all who have replied, I got the impression from another TMG pilot who had no differences training with his course (different ATO) , that they were wrong. Slow week, needed the money perhaps? :lol:

I don't know what we'd do without you guys, with watching our backs in this world of regulation and all that!

Cheers.

R&T