Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By marioair
Has anyone had invoked the insurance purchased via Sydney Charles Aviation Insurance Brokers?

We've always bounced Between Haywards, Traffords and Visicover. Had a compelling qoute from Syndey Charles.
By PeterMa
They are a long established aviation broker .

The misunderstanding over who is a broker, insurer, MGA , tied agent representing only one insurer is huge :( .

The aviation insurance market has been and is still in some turmoil in the last 18 months
By ROG
For what it"s worth have been with Haywards for 20 years---had a claim a few years ago and found it worked out ok.
The proof of a decent company only comes if you have to make a claim--my experience with them has been fine.
By Skylaunch2
No misfortune here! Aviation Insurance is a struggling market with more exiting than joining. Sydney Charles provide good quotes and service and I've never had an issue with them as a repeat customer over the last few years.
By jon
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've used Sydney Charles many times over the years, always provided a very good service.
Never claimed on the insurance, but others that have reported no problems.

Jon
By Rob P
Oddly this is the one case where the whole thread would have benefited from being hidden temporarily. Hiding the bad experiences and information and leaving all the good is hardly equitable, or useful.

Rob P
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The removed post does not deal with first hand experience; the removed reply to it makes no sense in isolation. The OP stands alone.

We are hardly perfect, but we do try for a balanced judgement.
Rob P, kanga liked this
I can speak as someone who made a claim via Sydney Charles for the cost of an aircraft recovery and reassembly after a 'field landing' with a broken crankshaft. I didn't claim for the engine repair, but in every other area of my claim they were dead straight, found an appropriate insurance assessor and made a very fair settlement. I was a happy customer.
Sooty25 liked this