Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
GrahamB wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:AFAIK there is no other country in Western Europe which requires pre-traveling tests and arrival tests.

Whilst I agree with sentiment, the UK no longer requires pre-travel tests.

Are you sure?
By Dave W
Yep, if fully vaccinated.

From the gov.uk page last updated 22 October:

Before you travel to England – fully vaccinated
Before you travel to England you must:

book and pay for a COVID-19 test – to be taken before the end of day 2 in England
complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
You can choose a lateral flow test or a PCR test.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By GrahamB
@Flyin'Dutch'

Yes, as per 4th October.

(We returned on 30th September, so still had to follow the former rule of a test before departing).
By skydriller
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:AFAIK there is no other country in Western Europe which requires pre-traveling tests and arrival tests.

Lets be clear : That assumes that you are fully vaccinated and an adult. The unvaxxed generally includes children dont forget.

It also depends upon your definition of "Western Europe". :wink:

Regards, SD..
By Sir Morley Steven
There’s also a NOTAM asking for an enhanced gendec, the enhancement is a declaration you have no symptoms. The email address on the NOTAM is incorrect so mine came back undelivered!
The NOTAM called it a GAD form which is impossible to find. Use the number C155 to search for the form.

NOTAM below
Covid-19: crews/passengers requirements. Crews should complete the enhanced general aircraft declaration (gad) process for all international flights into the UK, including the active reporting of nil returns. If symptomatic passengers are identified, this must be notified. Gads for flights to England should be sent to the health control unit TEL: +44 (0) 20 8745 7209 email: heathrow.hcu@phe.gov.uk.gads. For flights to Scotland should be sent to public health Scotland TEL: +44 (0)141 300 1414 email: nss.hpscoronavirus@nhs.net (subject: aircraft
declaration). Gads for flights to northern Ireland should be sent to public health agency TEL: +44 (0)141 300 1414 email: niporthealth@hscni.net. 2021-05-0359/AS6 •••
Boswell liked this
By PeteSpencer
Yay! Just managed to get my UK QR coded COVID vaccination certificates scanned and accepted into French App .

So Je suis tout pret a partir. :thumleft:
By Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Cheers Folks - one hurdle less.

:naughty: One hurdle fewer
Flyin'Dutch', kanga liked this
By Adrian
As mentioned above, proof of covid vaccination or a recent negative test is needed to visit restaurants, museums, cinemas, theatres, etc. - and to use long distance public transport. If you have an NHS vaccination certificate, you can scan the QR code into the French government covid app (search for "TousAntiCovid" in the Apple or Google app stores). The app is available in English.

Children over 12 need to show their health passports, which isn't a problem for French kids as nearly all over-12s are fully vaccinated. But most British kids are either unvaccinated or have only had a single dose. They will need a negative test result less than 72 hours old to be allowed into any venue that needs the health passport. I'm not sure if British tests come with a compatible barcode, but the results of tests taken in France (in almost any pharmacy - no longer free since last week, but still less of a scam than the UK) can be scanned into the TousAntiCovid app. Kids under 12 can spread their germs freely.

The other surprise for British visitors to France is that everybody wears a mask in shops, public buildings and on public transport. There are no "medical exemptions" to mask use.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Adrian wrote:The other surprise for British visitors to France is that everybody wears a mask in shops, public buildings and on public transport. There are no "medical exemptions" to mask use.

Ditto here.

I do get the odd request for an exemption for wearing a mask.

Explain that my pen does not function on paper containing such a statement.
kanga liked this