Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I don’t do ‘amazing!’, and I’m certainly not typing data in yet another list of airfields for somebody.

Have you not heard of the Pooley’s or AFE guides? SkyDemon contains such details of many, many airfields listed along with user reviews as well.
johnm liked this
By TopCat
Rob Holmes wrote:I need your help building a list of amazing places to fly in the UK. Add your home and favourite airfields to visit, so we can all share in these great airfields!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... x8z9o/edit

Thank you all for helping and sharing.
Rob

First post, after joining here 18 months ago.

And you need our help building a list of airfields? So that we can all share in them?

Strikes me as rather odd. Come on, OP, what are you really up to?
By lobstaboy
Many of my favourite places are quiet and less well known. The sort of place that gets listed in the Sunday papers in articles called "Ten top places to go for peace and quiet" and your first reaction is to think, "Well that's ruined then, now they'll all be **** there in their Chelsea tractors."
I feel the same about some aerodromes.

PS why did the autodonk not like f l o c k i n g ?
JAFO liked this
By Dave W
lobstaboy wrote:PS why did the autodonk not like f l o c k i n g ?

Because unfortunately the autodonk rules have had to become over-tight due to a minority who thought it amusing to try and get around it.
kanga, G-BLEW liked this
By TopCat
Miscellaneous wrote:
TopCat wrote:Come on, OP, what are you really up to?

I'll give you 3 guesses, and the first two don't count. :wink:

Rob Holmes wrote: Occupation: Entreprenuer, Web and Mobile app developer
:whistle:

Yes, that hadn't escaped me, nor the spelling fail.
By Rob Holmes
GrahamB wrote:I don’t do ‘amazing!’, and I’m certainly not typing data in yet another list of airfields for somebody.

Have you not heard of the Pooley’s or AFE guides? SkyDemon contains such details of many, many airfields listed along with user reviews as well.

You don't have to contribute, but thank you for taking the time to reply :)

lobstaboy wrote:Many of my favourite places are quiet and less well known. The sort of place that gets listed in the Sunday papers in articles called "Ten top places to go for peace and quiet" and your first reaction is to think, "Well that's ruined then, now they'll all be **** there in their Chelsea tractors."
I feel the same about some aerodromes.

PS why did the autodonk not like f l o c k i n g ?

It's good to share, especially in a small community like aviation with our airfields being closed down one by one by greedy property developers. If you only want to keep quiet airfields to yourself, then will you also cover all their costs to ensure they stick around for other pilots to enjoy, or will you just moan when it gets shut down? :)

Miscellaneous wrote:
TopCat wrote:Come on, OP, what are you really up to?

I'll give you 3 guesses, and the first two don't count. :wink:

Rob Holmes wrote: Occupation: Entreprenuer, Web and Mobile app developer
:whistle:

I'm sorry my occupation seems to imply I have bad will or nefarious purposes, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I am simply hoping to create a list of amazing airfields so us pilots can all visit, enjoy, and help keep them around for the next generation. :)

TopCat wrote:Yes, that hadn't escaped me, nor the spelling fail.

Thanks for spotting my spelling mistake, I've corrected it now. :)
By Rob L
I spent a pleasant afternoon over the last weekend at my local flying club discussing "what was the ideal aeroplane". Many opinions abounded: (number of seats, speed, range, endurance, aerobatic, short-field, tailwheel, visibilty, age, maintenance cost, fuel cost, etc etc etc.)

All of us agreed to disagree; the same could be said for airfields :) .
kanga, Rich V liked this