Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By adamkpplir
Further update - AoC passed today. A massive feeling of relief all round, but that was largely thanks to the examiner who was very knowledgeable and still gave me lots of really good advice to take forward when I use the rating. In particular he did this in the context of who he posed as today for the AoC which was an airline pilot who’d retired after 25 years and who wanted to train to get his SEP rating back so he could fly the PA28, having originally trained on a C152 many years ago!

I just have everything crossed that my application form is processed without a hitch!
Dave W, Ben K, G-BLEW liked this
By TLRippon
I wanted to come back to some if the earlier posts in the thread, especially those reducing abinitio teaching to a simple task defined by the idea (and I paraphrase) “they know nothing so they will do whatever you tell them”. Clearly those CRI’s have never had an abinitio student. It would be great if the personality type driving SOME abinitio students to get a pilot licence made them the “compliant” type.
It’s a funny old world being an FI with the LAPL restriction, in order to get the most out of my employment and to get 945 privileges, I had to become a CRI as well. I should be through the CPL exams by April so will be able to drop the CRI at that point because there is absolutely nothing I can’t do with an FI rating which I can do with a CRI.
adamkpplir liked this