Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whatever the circumstances, shame on Transair. I certainly won’t be buying from them after reading this sorry saga.

As I’ve said earlier, ignore all the letters from fake litigators. And do write to Transair explaining your disappointment. Please just don’t be one of these sheep-type who get scared by a letter and do what they’re told - the world needs more people standing up to bullies like that. Ive got a file full of letters like that. They’ll be useful in the next lockdown to light the kindling in the woodburner.
JAFO, Rich V, Flyin'Dutch' and 7 others liked this
By IO390
Ah yes, boycott a company because you got fined for parking in an area which has massive signs stating "have you paid for parking". Great idea. /s

Only on pilot forums could such an idea gestate AND be considered a reasonable thing to do.

For a while, no one was checking the cameras at shoreham so you could get away without paying. Unfortunately for me, they (One Parking Solution, not the EGKA owners) installed new cameras as I was about half way through my PPL.

It takes about a week to get the letters through, which was unfortunate as I did about 5 lessons in the preceding week. An expensive and dumb mistake but all the fines still totalled less than 1hr of flying...
I find it frustrating that land owners think it is okay to come along and impose parking charges on sites were tenants have existing businesses.

This has happened on a site where a number of my customers are based. I now have to pre-book parking before I go to their facilities and add the parking charges to my invoices.

If it was to stop people parking on the site and going elsewhere, I'd understand it, but this particular site has barrierred access with security guards, you can't get on site without approval!

Never been to Transair but a quick look on google maps suggest the only people parking at Shoreham are people there supporting the on site businesses. What a great way to hack them off, penalise their customers.
joystick, Flyingfemme, JAFO and 2 others liked this
Joystick

gwynge and the farmer have it about right. There are usually one of two Notice types on issue by these money grubbing parasites. They are both PCNs. One is a Penalty Charge Notice with the other being a Parking Charge notice. The Penalty Charge is usually issued by some statutory body such as the Local Authority and unless you successfully question its issue on some technicality, usually has to be paid.

The Parking Charge can be ignored. If you stand your ground and do not engage with them under any circumstances, they'll get fed-up and stop bothering you. They will not - unless perhaps they can bring several cases to Court at the same time thus maximising the time of their solicitor - bother to go to Court. If by some leap of the imagination they do, make sure you specify the Court for the hearing. Your tormentors will try to get the case heard at the Court most convenient for them in terms of cost and convenience.

I write from personal experience. I have yet to pay a Parking Charge.
joystick, RisePilot liked this
By patowalker
You mean a sign saying "Please be aware that if you have not parked in the Transair Customer Parking spaces outside our shop you may be liable to parking charges"?

If you look closely at the photos you will see the individual Transair spaces clearly marked.
By skydriller
patowalker wrote:You mean a sign saying "Please be aware that if you have not parked in the Transair Customer Parking spaces outside our shop you may be liable to parking charges"?

Or even, if i understand from the OP :

You mean a sign saying "Please be aware that even if you have parked in the Transair Customer Parking spaces outside our shop you may be liable to parking charges"?

:wink:
Rob P liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
patowalker wrote:You mean a sign saying "Please be aware that if you have not parked in the Transair Customer Parking spaces outside our shop you may be liable to parking charges"?

If you look closely at the photos you will see the individual Transair spaces clearly marked.

Yup .

It is the bays that are not clearly marked that are the problem.

To avoid a similar problem with my patients and them parking in the local chinese restaurant's parking place, which has a similar arrangement with an enforcement company, I have made an arrangement with the owner of that car park that during surgery times nobody gets a ticket without them checking with us if it is a patient's car.

Works a treat.

I understand that any customer of mine getting a ticket when they are parked up next to the surgery for business with me will be miffed with us if they get a ticket.
JAFO liked this
By joystick

I parked in a clearly marked bay saying Transair ,,it didn't say Transair staff only.
Lets forget it now.
By Sooty25
CloudHound wrote:Not only can you not forget it but in 4 years time someone will resurrect the thread as if it was yesterday. :lol:

It ain't gonna be 4 years mate, less than a month!

One has just turned up for my daughter, paid 4 hours parking, ended up leaving 3 minutes after the grace period. To add fuel, she sat in her car for 5 minutes on the phone to Mrs Sooty!

Guess who's got the job of sorting it out?