Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:We climbed to over 500ft over France as those are the rules there, they don't have the same rules, as mentioned earlier.

It was pointed out at the time that the run over Amiens Jail may have been in accordance to UK rather than French rules.

Paul_Sengupta wrote:Forum thread here. Unfortunately it's not showing the photos any more.

I'll take a look later in the day and see if I can rectify what presumably is a Photobucket driven problem

Rob P
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A few years ago (2017?) Photobucket changed their terms of use and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result we had many threads lose their photo documentation. :(

It was after that the forums/Ian provided a photo upload facility, via imgur.com, but it doesn't help old threads.

Rob P wrote:It was pointed out at the time that the run over Amiens Jail may have been in accordance to UK rather than French rules.

:lol:
A4 Pacific wrote:
I think if your altimeter can give you accurate enough height to determine whether you are within 500ft of a gate, it’s more accurate than the one that I’ve been looking at in the 1980 Cessna 152 at my flying school.

An altimeter used only for VFR should still be accurate to within +/-100’. Of course you can set it or check it’s accuracy by knowing the elevation of the place you are last on terra firma.

If you have any doubts, SkyDemon can give you a pretty accurate GPS height, (As opposed to altitude) and will record it in your logs for posterity. :thumright:

In case anyone is unsure how to do this in Sky Demon, press the ALT readout and it changes to HGT readout.