Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
BobM wrote:
Josh wrote:I was about to book my medical with him if it’s Dr O - why isn’t he doing CAA stuff any more?

I've just renewed my UK FCL and FAA Class 1 with P.O. and he said see you in 6 months, so don't think it's him

I just had an email from his secretary to say he’s I longer doing UK medicals. Anybody recommend a good AME north of the river? Hertfordshire/Essex/Cambs?
Josh wrote:
BobM wrote:
Josh wrote:I was about to book my medical with him if it’s Dr O - why isn’t he doing CAA stuff any more?

I've just renewed my UK FCL and FAA Class 1 with P.O. and he said see you in 6 months, so don't think it's him

I just had an email from his secretary to say he’s I longer doing UK medicals. Anybody recommend a good AME north of the river? Hertfordshire/Essex/Cambs?

All of the EasyJet pilots are having to find a new AME, the RyanAir guys are ok with Dr O.

Happy times

It doesn’t help that most of us extended our medicals in 2020 during Covid with ORS4 - that gave until 30th October IIRC - so there is an imbalance in the naturally spaced out world of revalidations.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
AlanM wrote:
Josh wrote:
BobM wrote:

Well good luck if you get in with Dr Kumar:
He's the one whose secretary 'has got my name on a piece of paper'

Still waiting......

Peter :(
Question: Given the apparent crunch in October due to the Covid extension, it seems people are having difficulty getting appointments prior to next month end. Is there any downside in delaying a Class 2 medical exam into November or beyond, other than not being able to fly IMC or outside the UK (using LAPL for day VFR)? In other words, is a Class 2 medical renewal more stringent or difficult somehow than a revalidation?
AndyWW wrote:Question: Given the apparent crunch in October due to the Covid extension, it seems people are having difficulty getting appointments prior to next month end. Is there any downside in delaying a Class 2 medical exam into November or beyond, other than not being able to fly IMC or outside the UK (using LAPL for day VFR)? In other words, is a Class 2 medical renewal more stringent or difficult somehow than a revalidation?

I think Class 2 renewals are easily done with nothing additional. I had my Class 2 medical a day after it expired…… and that was a normal examination. Obvs best check with your AME but it is an option.
I found a new AME after a colleague’s recommendation and they had appointments in October for Class 1 renewals. I wonder if they are prioritising professional Licence holders?
My normal AME isn't doing CAA medicals at the moment because he hasn't had time to do the type rating as he called it. My medical expiry date was 10/10/21 and did my revalidation on 9/9/21 - my new medical now expires 9/9/22 which is wrong as far as me and my AME could calculate - it should be 10/10/22. Unfortunately the AME can't change that. I've raised a query with Cellma people but won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.