Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
As we are all now spitting feathers and throwing shoes at the 'puter, I thought I would let you know that on this day, I actually logged on to Cellma, I remembered my password, I was accepted into the very bowels of the Underworld and applied to get my medical renewed. My quest was long and arduous, I had to answer questions of my sexuality, my behaviour, my imbibing volumes, my Father's Brother's Cousin's boil on his big toe and of course..... my mentle elf ;-)

But....

I paid my £8 and stand proud that I can now get a finger from my AME who wants to check my prostate, because I am old.

My word..... What a carry on :evil:
tr7v8, Pete L liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You're lucky you can get a handy AME: My usual chap dumped me (and everybody else) by voicemail and first my alternative was posted away.

I'm now on a 'waiting list' on receptionist's desk for next closest....

If no joy by next week looks like I'll be flying to Germany to see FD. :lol:

Cellma OTOH was a breeze............................. :wink:
Oddly, when I had medical last week I chatted with my AME for a while about Cellma. He was showing me the workings of it all and decrying at the interface that is even worse for them!

He also mentioned how AMEs - esp the older ones stopped practicing when the system was introduced. I had the last appt of the day and he had three PPLs that day who had not completed the online part correctly and he was therefore unable to issue medicals. “Computer said no”

PS Cellma was not that bad for me but it linked into an old CAA login I already had. It is longwinded and NOT intuitive at all.
A le Ron liked this
AlanM wrote:Oddly, when I had medical last week I chatted with my AME for a while about Cellma. He was showing me the workings of it all and decrying at the interface that is even worse for them!

He also mentioned how AMEs - esp the older ones stopped practicing when the system was introduced. I had the last appt of the day and he had three PPLs that day who had anot completed the online part correctly and he was therefore unable to issue medicals. “Computer said no”

PS Cellma was not that bad for me but it linked into an old CAA login I already had. It is longwinded and NOT intuitive at all.

As a reasonably busy AME, I can echo all of that.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Several local AMEs have retired recently, some of them now only doing Class 1s. I am between docs at the moment for that reason - I can survive on a PMD until Spring, I guess.

It seems much of that is down to the bureaucratic hassle of maintaining the qualification, and from the stories on here and each year first-hand I can't say I really blame them.

I've wondered for a while whether the lack of ability to actually get examined for a Class 2 due to a lack of AMEs is the next scandal - because it would be a scandal - to hit GA pilots. :(
Josh wrote:I was about to book my medical with him if it’s Dr O - why isn’t he doing CAA stuff any more?

I've just renewed my UK FCL and FAA Class 1 with P.O. and he said see you in 6 months, so don't think it's him