Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Well, I'm still not at all impressed with the website and the lack of intuitive interaction BUT I did receive my renewed CAA ATPL today....and everything is correct on it :D To be fair to the CAA, I would have received it yesterday but FEDEX didn't do what they said they were going to. IF they had it would have been 10 working days since I submitted the application but 11 is not too bad.

Still not as good as getting it there and then by going to the Belgrano but MUCH better than some of the horror stories on here :thumleft:
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I just got an Email from the "Medical System Replacement Project Team"

It has instructions on how to renew my medical online. Great, I thought!!

But it does say
Pilots aged 40-60 who renew their certificates annually (and do not need to renew single pilot commercial privileges)

Did I miss something? Is your medical not valid for two years until 50?

Regards, SD..
Can’t even get as far as Cellma!
Got confirmation that I was who I said I was and thought I’d proceed to the medical bit. It decided it didn’t like my username (despite them using it before) as my Alphanumeric 9 character name “wasn’t above 8 characters or Alphanumeric “. Thought it wanted maybe a more complicated one but can’t change it or password without being in system. Can’t get into system without username being acceptable. After going round in many circles thought I’d try re-registering to start again with different username/password. “Not allowed as already registered “.
In my ignorance I thought this was an issue with Cellma so rang the “help”line. An hour later was informed to try the portal number who answered instantly! “Just hit the change password” -that’s what I’m ******* doing and it comes up with “don’t like your username”. ”Oh it shouldn’t do that as your username is fine.”Screenshot of message sent to helpline and await response……… My AME says possibly weeks to get response from emails. Started all this process in October and can see I’m going to have to PMD to keep flying for fun and stop instructing in a couple of weeks until I can get my class 2 sorted (BP will be through the roof!!)
I would start now, they might just pull their finger out & sort your problem out. If not, you get the chance to escalate the complaint as far as possible as soon as possible.

The only way this debacle will ever be corrected is if their formal complaint numbers go through the roof, especially if they get to the Independent Complaints Assessor.
By PeteSpencer
Its not the CELLMA that's the problem, its the AME's reaction to it:

I got a bollocking from my AME minutes after walking in the door for not requesting an 'IR Class 2 medical' when I filled in my online £8 worth before the appointment..

-I had actually ticked the 'IR' box in two separate places-

Class 2 cert duly arrived with a significant omission and had to go back for re-issue..

Another member when AME started to ask for full details of his past medical history said that he'd already filled it all in via CELLMA before coming:

AME's response:'Oh I haven't got time to read all that- I'd have to charge you another £90' :roll:

I had no problem registering for CELLMA: probably helped that I was already in the 'System' following 833 radio and Skyecho rebate applications.
By VRB_20kt
Any system that has two boxes for one piece of information is already flawed. When the system further fails to deliver in line with the two ticked boxes you have to suspect that the system is, shall we say, sub-optimal.