Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I'm tempted to carry a couple of sheets and a roll of gaffer tape, to cover up the registration, should I ever park it in a field unplanned. (assumes I'm fit enough to do it).

Here's hoping for a quick recovery for those involved.
Sooty, you'd be following precedent. The eagle eyed might notice a difference (apart from it being bent) between these two photos of G-ARBY.
The Viscount ended up in a field at Ottery St Mary in July 1980 having run out of fuel, I remember watching a news reporter doing a piece to camera with the aircraft in the background. It had a ladder propped up against it. On top of the ladder a worker with a paint roller was assiduously obliterating the words "Alidair Scotland".
Four people sustained minor injuries.
Sooty25 liked this
Dave W wrote:@flyingearly was talking about social media where that very much does happen.

Disappointingly we have had to deal with it a few times here, as Mods, including for fatalities. :(

Actually, I was talking about both - as I think it does happen.

On a number of these regional news 'live update' pages, they tend to trot out something along the lines of 'The aircraft, which is registered to XXXXX, came down 14 minutes etc etc'.

I get that a 'plane crash' sounds very newsworthy, but I can't envisage anyone considering it acceptable to do the same for a road traffic accident 'in the moment' (I fully understand that in tragic circumstances, it is commonplace for a news article to write about the victims). You just wouldn't hear a regional website publish 'The BMW i Series, which was bought in 2007 and registered to John Smith, veered across the road'.

I guess it goes with the territory; just a shame really that people can't suffer misfortunate without also having to deal with others publicising it.
flyingearly wrote:
I guess it goes with the territory; just a shame really that people can't suffer misfortunate without also having to deal with others publicising it.

no, its the CAA abusing their position and making private information public, that is the problem. coupled with OfCom not getting to grips with section 48 of the WTA regarding ADS-B!
leiafee liked this