Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Hi

I have a UK CAA issued Private Pilot's Pilot Licence (PPL(A)) issued on 19 March 2009. My Certificate if Test/Check of Experience expired on 30 April 2015.

I would like to get my licence up to date again and would appreciate any advice to achieve this. I realise that things have changed quite a bit since 2015.

Also has the medical requirements changed. I had a Class 2 medical which expired 25 October 2015.

Thanking you in advance
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Training as required at an ATO/DTO plus a SEP Class Rating Proficiency Check.

Without looking at your licence and with the dates you have provided, I suspect you may have an old JAR-FCL licence rather than an EASA Part-FCL licence. If so, I suggest you check the expiry date of the licence as these were not lifetime licences and nor was the FRTOL - if expired, these will need to be re-issued prior to exercising the privileges. If your licence needs to be re-issued, the above process is the same just with a bit more paperwork and payment to the CAA - and a delay until you can exercise the privileges!

Medical is not required for the training and check, it's required to re-issue your licence and when you wish to exercise the privileges. Pilot Medical Declaration (PMD) may be an option depending on what flying you're intending on doing.

Cookie