Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Seller now accepting offers - according to a recent e-mail to me.

I really shouldn't have viewed it on my own e-bay account.

Rob P
<nostalgia :oops: > While I was working for Caledonian [sic] at Prestwick in '60s we handled a number of other airlines doing transatlantic 'affinity group' charters. Wardair of Canada (then using B707s, usually from Toronto) was one.

For one incoming flight we were warned by TELEX that there would be 'company freight' to unload: a 'Hercules engine'. A truck would have been arranged to take it away, but we were asked to do the unloading and airside handling, including AWB and Customs paperwork. I was a bit puzzled as I had not known that Wardair used C130s (or civilian equivalent L-100). It turned out to be a Bristol Hercules from the Bristol Freighters that Wardair still used in their Arctic operations, being sent to Bristol at Filton for 0-timing.

One has been preserved on a plinth at Yellowknife :thumright:

https%3A%2F%2Fcabinradio.ca%2F38234%2Fnews%2Fyellowknife%2Fyk-expects-to-spend-100k-repairing-repainting-bristol-freighter%2F&tbnid=5PGyR8xXZFz_vM&vet=12ahUKEwjhjeWA857zAhUD0xoKHQZiC0MQMyggegUIARD2AQ..i&docid=o4S8UNJf-Iw0BM&w=3556&h=2000&q=Wardair%20bristol%20freighter

</>
I have visited that plane! 6-7 years ago now, in a former life as a researcher, on my way further north. No inkling of learning to fly at the time; now I find myself another office-worker PPL-holder daydreaming about being back there, consoling myself with old episodes of Ice Pilots in the evening :D
kanga liked this