Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Shoestring Flyer wrote:I am told that Costa Coffee have now introduced a 2hour time limit on use of their wifi due to so called 'Home workers' monopolising tables.

Quite right : home workers who clutter up cafe tables whether in town centres or airfields and using their Wi-fi for hours on end are just taking the p I s s. :roll:

Mind you the notion is not new : The early Harry Potter books were written in a caff in Edinburgh or somewhere.
Shoestring Flyer liked this
I work in the clubhouse at White Waltham fairly often. The WiFi is good enough, there are always spare tables, and anyhow I am a paid up club member. I do ensure that there is also always something paid for on the table- the mugs of tea are much cheaper than most coffee shops, and green tea is gentle on the system. I recommend the chilli special when it's on.

G
renzokuken liked this
Oldfart wrote:No silly yellow tabards. ( I’m constantly amazed at crews, even Instructors, who wear them while flying, and while refueling. They are inflammable!)

Agree
Having worked at a regional burns unit i confirm that melted nylon and barbecued skin are a particularly nasty combination to treat.