Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hi All,

Any one got an update or contact details of how you go about being let in.

I'd like to go over the next couple of weeks.

TIA.

G-JWTP
By tr7v8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just got back from Jersey albeit in a car on the Ferry.
Organisation was pretty slick. You pre-fill a form. We both had been double jabbed, had the bar code from the pre-filled form and had been tested within 72 hours. We were asked to drive around the queue, loads of people then test you, PCR test. Then they text you within 24 hours with your results. + you isolate for 10 days, - you're free to do what you want.
Apparently Jersey airport is the same.
By Uaglio
Also worth considering is the legal applicability of the permission granted by the CI DCA (and the CAA). The DCA and CAA can issue permits and exemptions as appropriate, but my understanding of their applicability (I am not a lawyer) is that they only apply within the limits of the territorial waters of the respective islands. Within Channel Island airspace, but outside CI territorial waters, international law applies, and as I understand it the CI DCA is not empowered to grant permissions and exemptions in international airspace, thereby restricting the exercising of said permissions and exemptions to within their territorial waters. So, for example, if you depart the UK and fly to France, on a route where the territorial waters meet mid-channel, the UK permit and the French permission can be legally exercised. If you depart the UK (territorial waters), fly through international airspace, and then enter CI territorial waters, there is a gap in the applicability of the permissions.

I suggest that this needs clarifying by someone with the appropriate understanding of the legalities involved.

Uaglio
By AlanM
Keep plugging away. Think one man band….. (one woman)

There has been a huge change (I will let you search for that on here) but both Bailiwicks are currently not under one stewardship.