Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Having spent many hours in a T67 wishing for aircon, it would never have helped the CG cause (although further aft is a stretch!).

I find the sweetest is the M200. The M260 is understandably nose heavy. Honest enough but it is designed to do a different job from the others.

A point of note, the M260 (ostensibly the T-3A) has a larger rudder than the M MkII (160), the M200 and I believe the T-3A. From everything I have read, I don’t believe it made a material difference to the spin recovery performance in practice. It’s probably a square foot of difference. The only one I have not spun is the T-3 (big engine, small rudder - do any still exist?) so can’t comment on that.

Suffice to say, I spun a Mk II this afternoon and the recovery was crisp and exactly as advertised.

As many with any modicum of aerobatic and UPRT experience will tell you, make sure you know the recovery technique for the specific aeroplane you are flying.

This. As people have found out to their cost (relatively recent accident reports refer). Don’t do a T67 recovery in A N Other machine (or vice versa). That’s not to say the T67 recovery is “out there”, it isn’t. “Standard” spin recovery is actually type specific up to a point.

Read the POH and do that. Simples. :wink:
flyguy, T67M liked this