Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By NDB_hold
ozplane wrote:There is also a NOTAM for the Duxford show this weekend if you are travelling West from Rougham.

For the first time ever those many CAA emails were useful as the AIC for this popped up.

Inbound I’ll be close but outbound yes, north of Cambridge
By PA28
The weather will most likely be OK with the front fragmenting as it works it's way east but it still has the potential to produce some heavy thundery showers. Time will tell.
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PA28 wrote:Anyone going to the Fly in at Rougham on Sunday?
I should be there 1045 ish.

I’ve booked The Shiny Colt in for an arrival at 1100 local…

Ian
Last edited by Highland Park on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA28 liked this
By Highland Park
Rob P wrote:
NDB_hold wrote:... if I’m departing on 27

The forecast* still suggests 09 departure, so you should be fine.

Rob P

* ECMWF and GFS do anyway. ICON begs to differ.

I’ve never used 09 at Rougham, it’s always been 27. Anything in particular I need to be aware of?

Ian
By Rob P
It points the other way :D

Rob P

Not really, if anything it is a more comfortable prospect than 27, especially for departure.
Last edited by Rob P on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChampChump, Highland Park, Sooty25 and 1 others liked this
By ChampChump
PA28 wrote:
ChampChump wrote:Yes, if weather allows.

Aeronca Champ by any chance?

Lucky guess?

:lol:
Rob P, PA28 liked this
By Rob P
Looks pretty busy on ADSB Exchange. Nice day for it too.

Rob P
By Sooty25
Just got back and yes it was busy. Some really nice aeroplanes. Efficient marshalls, a generally good day.

Advice for those going tomorrow, take a picnic, the burger/kebab van ain't great. :(
By gustav
Brilliant day yesterday and I heard that 105 aircraft showed up and several interesting types. R/T all handled professionally by North Weald Marshaling team and I actually enjoyed the Donner Kebab. Looking promising for today also, so if you didn't go well worth a visit.
By GLDR_Dave
One of my first posts to the forum!
I followed the thread with interest as I flew in an a vintage Slingsby t61 TMG. Which has a leisurely climb performance...
I enjoyed the day... Marshalls were great they had to move a few cones to accommodate our wingspan!

Hope to get to more events next year!

Cheers,

Dave
Rob P liked this