Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By NDB_hold
Going there for the first time on Sunday for Project Propeller. It seems to have a good reputation for the quality of runway maintenance - anyone able to comment on current state?

For my takeoff at MAUM assuming nil wind and grass up to 25cm (and the CAA safety factor 33%) I am right on the limit for TODR so in practice it’s likely to be fine - we won’t be quite at MAUM and I am rather assuming the grass is a lot shorter than that!
By Rob P
What aircraft?

Rob P
By Rob P
Not an aircraft I know, but web sources give a take-off roll under ISA of less than 400m. Rougham has about 900m. I'd be fairly relaxed about that.

I was also about to write that your chances of nil wind were just about ... er... nil, then I looked at the forecast and they will be light.

If in doubt, do a take-off and circuit light before you load passengers, but I think you'll be fine.

Rob P
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There’s also a fly in at Rougham on Saturday and Sunday (18/19th) so may be reasonably busy…

Ian
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Main thing about Rougham is the noise sensitive/no fly areas , school, ind estate (though it is a sunday) housing estate, isolated farmhouse and neighbouring village of Gt Barton.....

Runway surface is good: Our arrer gets in and out in 650m, but I've no idea about DA40 performance
By Rob P
NDB_hold wrote:Does anyone have a POC for the flyin? If so could you PM me?

Look to the right >>>>>>>>>
NDB_hold liked this
By insink
Sunday looks thermic so expect gliders both from Rattlesden and from other clubs using bse as a turnpoint....
Enjoy :-)
By Sooty25
PeteSpencer wrote:Main thing about Rougham is the noise sensitive/no fly areas , school, ind estate (though it is a sunday) housing estate, isolated farmhouse and neighbouring village of Gt Barton.....

Is there a noise abatement/circuit procedures map for Rougham? Nothing on their website, or the event page. Just lists OHJ and RH circuits. Considering where the housing and industrial estates are, I can't see how you can avoid them.

By G-APDK
NDB_Hold
If you are looking for Project Propeller, as per your initial message, you are going to the wrong airfield. Project Propeller is taking place at Wolverhampton/Halfpenny Green.

G-APDK
By Rob P
I took a quick look at two Rougham websites, the field and the training organisation and none of them seem particularly exercised about noise abatement.

Keep it sensible, don't get too worried about arrival, you'll hopefully be well throttled back and no great concern to anyone. On departure pick yourself a sensible path, over industry (it's Sunday) rather than housing. It looks like you will be departing to the East on 09, so that's a help.

If you can find anyone who still has Pooleys maybe they could give you sight of whatever is there? Perhaps @PeteSpencer could scan the page for you?

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this