Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
CoFA aircrafts, why not have blanket approvals for EASA STC & FAA STC as best of the two world? and expand UK CS-STAN? we are not expecting EU/US manufacturers to go the hassle of getting their STC approved past the narrow UK market

Agree wholeheartedly..... that would make the UK the best place in the world to own and operate a certified light aircraft, but would be too easy a way for the CAA to achieve it.
Stampe, Ibra liked this
More on the subject of formerly EASA PtF (now CAA PtF) aircraft.

The process for obtaining a permit to fly is expensive, involves duplication, delay and adds little if anything to safety.

Why can’t the PtF be issued by an approved maintenance organisation and use the CAA surveyor team to conduct periodic audits of the maintenance organisation.
Pete L, Cantabrigan liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I don't think its much different in cost compared to the LAA is it?

Needing to apply months in advance is common also with the LBA - I did think about getting the Breezer back on the D- reg and checked.

I mostly agree with your safety point.

I would happy with the maintenance company doing the work, submit paperwork to CAA and they can then audit when they have the time / as they feel the need. After all, I'm going to climb in it anyway after the release to service so the CAA can't have any immediate effect on the safety outcome.
By Stampe
I have been unable to register for any of the 3 events using the link on page 1 of this thread using an IPad.Anyone else having a similar problem.I had no problem registering for the event held earlier in the year?For me any questions are largely irrelevant we need to hear how progress is being made on turning a totally broken organisation into one that gets the respect of its customers and functions efficiently, fairly and with competence!
Regards Stampe Fly Safe Fly Considerate Fly Compliant.
By Stampe
Thank you Matt finally achieved success by going to a full size IPad rather than a mini which moved the zoom virtual assistant Bolt from hovering overhead the confirm button.Thanks for you assistance and suggestion.
Regards Stampe
Fly Safe Considerate Compliant.
By Aerials
I'm trying all ways to 'join' but can't. Where do I find my Meeting ID or personal Link Name please?

Edited later......
Never mind, I found the info on the ticket, use (my email address, minus the @ symbol). Having done that and seemingly getting somewhere, I've just had an Error message "This meeting link is invalid (3,001)". Sod it, it's just too difficult.
By johnm
Just need to register with an email address linked to a Zoom account. Then wait for link to appear on the ticket, click on it and Bob is your parent's sibling.

It's not very inspiring though, workmanlike maybe......
By Stampe
I’m afraid I have given up before the end.The Q&A is clearly not going to be very long and the answers are heading for the long grass! I thought the last series of presentations gave me some hope not nearly as confident now.Too much corporate speak no resolution of current problems! Disappointed.
Regards Stampe
Fly Safe Considerate Compliant.
Gas Guzzler liked this