Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
I decided to take a look at Dundee today with the weather favouring the East of the British Isles.

I gave RAF Fylingdales in Yorkshire a small avoiding kink, maybe not Taking Two, but certainly clear.

It was interesting to look at my SD 'virtual radar' record this evening for the return leg

Rob P
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think I might (maybe, possibly...) have seen you! We're in North Yorks at the moment, and drove past RAF Fylingdales. I did see an RV zapping across the sky earlier.

What time-ish did you pass by, and E or W of Fylingdales?
By Rob P
East on both occasions. Sandwiched between a high grey overcast and some broken cumulus on the way up, FL80 on the way home. I'll check SD tomorrow.

Rob P
Dave W liked this
By Rob P
@Dave W

East abeam Fylingdales at 10:45 local 4,000ft - outbound
East abeam Fylingdales at 16:10 local FL75 - return leg

I think I did hear another RV on frequency around that area on the outbound leg,

Love Whitby, and I must admit to occasionally watching Buffy :lol:

Rob P
By osaf
All that way and you didn't think to relay some Botham's pies south to a homesick Yorkshireman.

No soul.
By Dave W
Irv Lee wrote:
Dave W wrote:Might be. We spent the day in Whitby, hunting vampires.

yes, no surprise it was that way round. ;-)

Ah, yes. Perhaps a critical flaw in my cunning plan. Doh.

We did chuckle at the notice on the church door, though. :D

osaf wrote:...and you didn't think to relay some Botham's pies south to a homesick Yorkshireman.

Not so much "no soul" as "no survivors".

They were very good pies, after all.
By Rob P
Cricket God and pastry chef?

What a man!

Rob P
By StratoTramp
Rob P wrote:It was interesting to look at my SD 'virtual radar' record this evening for the return leg

Rob P

What is Skydemon Virtual radar? :?: Did the base illuminate you briefly? Or is this showing other flyers like Dave?
By StratoTramp
Thanks Misc, Thinking again I guess the whole view at the bottom is called virtual radar. I should have asked what are the red dots, are these other flyers?

Bit different but a running app I use called Strava highlights other runners you have passed. Guessing this is a similar feature.
By Miscellaneous
@StratoTramp I misunderstood the question, I thought you knew the bottom is virtual radar and were asking what the dots were. Yes, the bottom is virtual radar and the dots I believe are points of interest marked during flight. :D
By StratoTramp
Ah cool thanks, nah complete dummy at moment regarding SD, I do have a SkyDemon subscription but aren't that familiar with it yet (haven't really used it in anger) as I'm still learning and flying with charts, whilst the instructor uses his SD.