Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Crash one
Looking at the first picture it doesn’t look as though this crack was started at the screw hole, it misses the hole.
I would suggest that someone unfamiliar previously caused the crack, I wouldn’t think it would be the factory, therefore the box must have been opened previously.
It is not up to the customer to have to wait for a replacement part while Covid takes precedence. The shop should replace the complete article in a sealed box at the customer’s convenience. If this was the only headset in stock at the time, I find it extremely unlikely and suspicious that the last one sold should have the fault.
“Couldn’t have been more helpful” I don’t think so!
JAFO, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By jamingle
I have the same issue. Mine was fine for almost a year and fell apart when I changed the batteries. I ran into a David Clark rep at a local airshow and he told me that this is a known issue. He also took care of returning them to the factory for repair. They have had them for about 6 weeks now so I'm guessing parts supply must be low (or they just forgot them).