Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have been asleep, has Ian a new VIP neighbour? Or an old VIP neighbour with worries?
Restricted Airspace (Permanent) - Raymill House, Lacock, Wiltshire, 9 September
Restricted Airspace (EG R106) has been established effective 9 September 2021 at Raymill House, Lacock, Wiltshire.

Details are in UK Statutory Instrument 2021 No. 703 (The Air Navigation (Restriction of flying) Raymill House, Lacock) Regulations 2021 and AIC M064/21
Last edited by Irv Lee on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Irv Lee
@skydriller I did consider whether Mr Shapps had misremembered ian's post code by the time he got back to the office after the rally but the AIC went out in late July
skydriller liked this
By Rob P
Google tells me it used to be the home of one Camilla Parker-Bowles.

Has she moved out of Highgrove then? You heard it here first.

Rob P
JAFO, flybymike, Cessna571 liked this
By chevvron
Lacock was where the first EVER photograph was taken by William Henry Fox-Talbot in 1835; maybe it's something to do with that.
By GrahamB
AIC M064/2021 wrote: …having regard for the significance of the security considerations associated with this location by reason of it being the residence of a member of the Royal Family;
By Cub
Surely it is Ray Mill House as opposed to Raymill House? (or at least according to Historic England)
By JAFO
Also not to be confused with Ray Milland - something quite different and no evidence that Camilla ever spent any time there.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
This is a good example of a permanent restricted area that has sprung up in the middle of the year. If you're still using a CAA chart, make sure you annotate it :wink:

Danny, Irv Lee liked this
By Boxkite
What a stupid place for a restricted area.
They obviously got fed up up with all those little aeroplanes coming through the choke point between Bristol CTA and Salisbury danger area, avoiding Colerne and Keevil, and avoiding Wadswick and all the other little airfields. Not to mention there's a VRP just 1.5 miles up the road.
ls8pilot, flybymike liked this
By Irv Lee
CloudHound wrote:I thought is was for the DoC’s daughter.

"She was only a DoC's daughter, but....."
Any offers? seems too good to miss, restricted areas and all.
By johnm
It’s only up to 1600 ft on my regular trips through there I’d be around twice that