Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Planning to fly to Cannes next week. Flew there VFR in 2019 and I have registered and read the IFR briefing including the supplement.
It says customs is on request. When we flew there last their general email worked for requesting customs so I used that but haven’t had a reply.

Is there any special procedure I should know or is it another phone call to the number on the plate (tried it today, no answer)
By Sir Morley Steven
Yeah it looks interesting. I have emailed that address so i will wait a bit before attempting to call them again. Thanks.
By Sir Morley Steven
Still no reply so flight plan in with request for customs.
Blimey that approach is gonna be fun. The STAR stops miles away then nothing until the FNA, then the VPT approach which you are instructed to ignore but instead fly the one you get on the briefing for which you get a certificate. I’ll let you know how it goes!
Last time I flew in I went VFR but where’s the fun in that?
By Ibra
Just drop them call they are always there and very relaxed

On 17 approach there was a lady down there who used to teach and make jokes on flying level at 2kft all the way: are you going CDFA or Dive&Drive today? will you add 50ft to MDH, ahem MSA? :lol:

IFR finger gymnastics would be INA on GPS, FNA on LOC, VPT on MK1 and go back to missed on NDB/GPS, but the most scenic way to get there is still fly VFR from east at 500ft and sneak into 35
By johnm
I just went back and reminded myself of the plates I think they are the product of a tortured mind :-) Good luck!
Sir Morley Steven, Ibra liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
Well I’m here. All the STARs, approach plates etc ignored apart from the localiser approach which, as soon as I had established, they took me off.
Blimey. I printed a lot of paper off for that. Still, it was fun.
Blackbushe was pissing down with 700ft overcast and closed to VFR, most of the first half was in cloud, (those of you with FR24 who noticed I descended to FL100 for a bit, yes, it was icing) then lovely all the way to Cannes. Bit of a headwind and I didn’t half need a wee when I got there!
johnm, James Chan, Paul_Sengupta and 3 others liked this
By Pilot Pete
Well done Steve.
I too hope to have a go at that before the end of the year.