Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Miscellaneous wrote:...I suggest your example comparison of comparing the rewards of crossing water, to the rewards of flying a 2 stroke is a tad out of kilter. :wink:

Haha! No I wasn't comparing them. Just pointing out that there are things in leisure aviation that folk could differ on in terms of their individual balance of risk and reward.
We're all different, thank goodness.
Miscellaneous liked this
patowalker wrote:I used to wear a drysuit to cross the Channel in my aircraft

Hopefully not on a short DVR/CGN crossing? we laughed the whole afternoon at l’Escale when 3 teletubbies did come out of some Arrow for lunch at L2K, I don’t think they were inbound from Iceland, turn out it they had something planned and it was a “dry run” :lol:
I have a gallery of photos in my dining room from all the destinations we have flown to as a family in our own aircraft.
A few years ago, before we adopted, a social worker came to do a check on the children who at the time were being fostered by us. On the living room wall was a picture of all of us in one of the London eye capsules. The social worker got her eye on it and demanded we produce the risk assessment for the trip to London and use of the London Eye. I handed over the 10 page risk assessment with the comment, “Do yourself a favour and don’t go into the dining room”!
Since that time we have been all over Europe on holidays and adventures that broaden their horizons without incident or accident. We also regularly get into a pressurised aluminium tube together and fly in the stratosphere over the North Pole and across thousands on miles of tundra at 78% of the speed of sound. Somehow that is less risky.
It is all part of life’s rich tapestry.
Miscellaneous, Ibra, patowalker and 4 others liked this
TLRippon wrote:The social worker got her eye on it and demanded we produce the risk assessment for the trip to London and use of the London Eye. I handed over the 10 page risk assessment...

I was feeling bright and cheerful this morning, before I read that...

(respect for the fostering btw - I've seen how challenging that can be)
kanga liked this
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ibra wrote:
patowalker wrote:I used to wear a drysuit to cross the Channel in my aircraft

Hopefully not on a short DVR/CGN crossing? we laughed the whole afternoon at l’Escale when 3 teletubbies did come out of some Arrow for lunch at L2K, I don’t think they were inbound from Iceland, turn out it they had something planned and it was a “dry run” :lol:

Teletubbies? They must have been wearing survival suits. Mine is a drysuit, designed purely to highlight the dress sense and trim figure of the aviator wearing it. :D

Ibra, StratoTramp liked this