Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
It runs on X-Box now.

Difficult to put a price on a suitable PC at the moment as GPU prices are silly because of bitcoin mining.

Rob P
Although I would recognise it as Popham some of the proportions on the initial ground tour make some parts of it look much bigger than it is. Never seen the grass look like that either. Some slopes go the wrong way too.

The parking arrangements are generally not representative for the based aircraft. Perhaps some owners didnt want their aircraft shown. Perhaps some owners wanted a new game of go find their aircraft as part of pre-flight checks.

They forgot to simulate the telling off from the tower for flying straight over the petrol station.
They forgot to simulate the tower receiving the neighbours phone calls for aircraft not following the noise abatement procedures outbound and inbound..

But hey its a sim, can do what you like. :lol:

I forgot to check all the windsocks - they should all be pointing in different directions except in nil wind.

A big omission was the lack of a device running SkyDemon as the instrument panel IFR map doesnt have the detail for VFR
:wink:

Yep flight sim scenery has improved a lot over the years.
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:A big omission was the lack of a device running SkyDemon as the instrument panel IFR map doesnt have the detail for VFR

As luck would have it, the very same tablet I use to run SD when flying also links to the sim so can be used to plan flights, or record them.

You just have to remember to delete them from your SD log once you have finished.

Rob P
By RobW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
RobW wrote:though there is a small block of flats on the end of Old Buckenham's runway that i'm pretty sure shouldn't be there!

Is that supposed to be the hay bales?

Well I think Azure picks up the old groundwork where the bales are and thinks its a building, which is understandable I suppose, Someone with the right skills will no doubt improve it eventually, Norwich has already been done but there is still some work to do on that too, still early days though
Rob P liked this
Lefty wrote:It’s not going to run on my MacBook though :(
What is the approx cost of a pc or laptop with the power to run MSF2020? Must be £2-3k ?

I needed a new computer at the end of last year and bought one online for much less than a grand, it runs flight sim. It won't let me plug a VR headset in, though.

I think the new flight sim is visually stunning but I still don't really get what it's for. I've given it a go, it looks lovely, I can see my house from up here. Now what?
The commentary said (at 1:40) that Popham is the only "all weather" flight school because they use a C42 simulator. Are they really the only ab-initio flight school using simulation technology as an adjunct to the course?

If so I'm very surprised (and rather disappointed).
Now Duxford, and this is freeware. (Needless to say I donated anyway, it has patently been a labour of love for the designer)

Download here: https://flightsim.to/file/22075/egsu-du ... show-addon

You may have to register with the site.

Rob P
By BoeingBoy
What is the approx cost of a pc or laptop with the power to run MSF2020? Must be £2-3k ?

I run it with all settings maxed out on a Medion computer I bought through Aldi for about £1K. My screen is a 32" Samsung running on 1920x1080. If you want to get into 4K screens then yes, a couple of grand upwards would be a wise investment. There are several computer companies that make PC's dedicated to flight simming. Just Google it.

As for running SkyDemon through FS20, you can use Fsx2SkyDemon. Once installed, tell the program the IP number of the tablet or SD device you are using and it will connect automatically every time you fire up your flight sim. In SD just go flying in the same way you would if using X-Plane. Result is just like using SD in flight.