Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By mr spog
Ok , so the return test can be done in Brighton £42.
Are you able to do your own Lateral flow test before departure, or do you need to pay for a PCR test before leaving as well?
( I have been double jabbed, and want to visit family in France for a couple of days).
By GrassRootsFlyer
patowalker wrote:https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-to-France-and-the-UK

Download the French government's TousAntiCovid app and scan your second vaccination QR code from the NHS app.

2nd day PCR test on return easily arranged here for £42 https://www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk/covid-19/

We used the Brighton clinic and were pleased with the service.

Yes but, no but

Certainly up until last night, yes you can scan your NHS QR code into the French app and it will accept it. When you come to present it to a QR reader in France it is not recognised. We use a print out of our NHS QR which they say they may accept.
I believe moves are afoot to quickly remedy this.
Regards
Ask me how I know.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:I don't see £42 PCR on there :scratch:

Rob P

Brighton Covid-19 Arrivals Testing

Day 2 Test (In Clinic)

Compulsory Covid PCR testing for international arrivals into England

Travelling from green list countries or amber if you’re double vaccinated

This is an in clinic appointment and not posted to your home address

Price £42
By patowalker
GrassRootsFlyer wrote:Yes but, no but

Certainly up until last night, yes you can scan your NHS QR code into the French app and it will accept it. When you come to present it to a QR reader in France it is not recognised. We use a print out of our NHS QR which they say they may accept.
I believe moves are afoot to quickly remedy this.
Regards
Ask me how I know.

I just tried scanning my QR code and it tells me it is the wrong format. As you say, they must be working on it.
By Rob P
patowalker wrote:Brighton Covid-19 Arrivals Testing

Silly me. I was looking at Cambridge

Rob P
patowalker liked this
By GrahamB
patowalker wrote:Download the French government's TousAntiCovid app and scan your second vaccination QR code from the NHS app.

I hear from other sources that although the QR code appears to scan OK, it doesn’t actually fully accept it and you get a message to ‘contact your NHS as the data doesn’t conform to standards’ or some such.
By GrassRootsFlyer
GrahamB wrote:
patowalker wrote:Download the French government's TousAntiCovid app and scan your second vaccination QR code from the NHS app.

I hear from other sources that although the QR code appears to scan OK, it doesn’t actually fully accept it and you get a message to ‘contact your NHS as the data doesn’t conform to standards’ or some such.

In the interests of research I have just been to the bar and the French QR reader now accepts the French App with the NHS QR code in the wallet..
So as of this morning it would appear that the NHS code is now compatible.
Regards
GrahamB liked this
By Ibra
NHS vax certificate was accepted by PAF on my flight France to UK this weekend, they did not bother to try to scan it but they scanned my wife EU vax pass, they asked to file this form,

https://www.eurotunnel.com/Eurotunnel/f ... cdcef3.pdf

On the way back, we had everything prepared again but no one was around to check any CV19 papers or vaccination certificates, I think it’s summer holidays…
By Pilot H
You can also download the same app that venues use to scan/verify your vaccine 2d Barcode - it is called "TAC Verif"
By patowalker
What fun. TousAntiCovid accepts my QR code and TAC Verif tells me it is valid.

I'd be off to France, but my aircraft has been grounded by Covid. Permit fell due while I was away and my inspector is in isolation. :)
By skydriller
Is TousAntiCovid not exactly the same as the NHS app which has recieved so much negative publicity recently? ie is bluetooth oriented and tells you to self isolate if it thinks you have been anywhere near someone with Covid?

Regards, SD..
By pplmeir
2Donkeys wrote:I believe that if you are double vaccinated (with an approved vaccine and batch),

How do you know if you have an approved batch
By 2Donkeys
pplmeir wrote:
2Donkeys wrote:I believe that if you are double vaccinated (with an approved vaccine and batch),

How do you know if you have an approved batch

The disputed batches are: 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Colonel Panic wrote:My AZ batch numbers are both in the format PV12345 - presumably that means they are not affected?

This suggests the vaccines are no longer disputed.

Ian
Colonel Panic liked this