Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Could be aerial photography : if it’s near you expect a knock on your door and someone with anrmful of photos of your and neighbouring houses.

Very popular pastime a few years ago before drones…. ! :wink:
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I used to get emails from a photographer who regularly used a Stapleford based Seneca to take aerial pics of London buildings and construction sites - did we have any projects for him to shoot? A couple of days later we would see the Seneca orbiting various locations over southern London with the rear door missing - quite steep turns they were, rather my contact sitting in the doorway than me! Good view over London we had from our office! We never did get a chance to use him.

Another low orbiter was a banner towing C172 one Christmas - from our lofty eyrie in Croydon
it appeared to be nearly on a level with us at times - certainly well below 1000' and I find it hard to believe the flight was legal both from the height point of view and towing a banner over a congested area. That said I suppose there were those massive banners towed by a Squirrel over London some years back, I can recall seeing one of those which was apparently over central London. What would happen if you had to drop it?