Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
George wrote:Was being a bit facetious there but totally agree!

IKWYM though - the black and white charts aren't the easiest unless you've looked at them a lot.

There are colour versions available - but only 3 days ahead - on the Met Office site at:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/premium/ge ... eChartView

You probably have to have a (free) account and log in to see that.
By Boxkite
Boxkite wrote:
mr spog wrote:The BBC weather forecast is c**p in my opinion.
It appears to be very specific both in terms of time and location, even over a week ahead. However, if you recheck it daily leading up to your planned flight, you will usually find that it constantly changes, and it's basically a waste of time this far in advance.
Apparently, they don't even use the supercomputer that the met office use, as they have subscribed to another service. (That was just hearsay, and I can't confirm it.)

Agree, they seem to just look out of the window and correct the forecast for the next 12 hours. Even their 'Weather Warning' feature often doesn't match their hourly forecast. They can be warning of high winds for a period within the next 48 hours but when you look at the hourly forecast there's nothing unusual to be seen.

Well now I realise why: the warnings are provided by the Met Office and the forecast by Meteo Group, one above the other, and they don't even agree :lol: the forecast shows only light rain :roll: