Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
GrahamB wrote:
Dodo wrote:I am jealous that at the peak of my professional medical earnings I could just about afford to run a 50 year old C172, not a brand new Cirrus.

Ever walked up 5th Avenue where it overlooks Central Park?

In some of the blocks in what must be some of the most desirable, expensive real estate in the city, just about every ground floor apartment is occupied by a medic of some description.

It must say something about an insurance-based health care system.

ISTR the V-tail Bonanza once had the nickname 'the doctor killer': impressive performance for those who could afford it, but easy to overstress for those trained only on C150s or PA28s who had not had adequate conversion training (not then required in US, nor indeed UK). Presumably, all the extra safety features in the Cirrus range, including but not only BRS, reflect Cirrus' desire not to attract the uquivalent nickname :roll:
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Half of these planes Karl owned without having a license. He could fly by himself or he could fly with a passenger so long as he had an instructor along.

What's that all about?

Routinely flying solo without a licence?

Does that just mean that all his solo flights were authorised by an instructor?