Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Morten
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Forwarded to me by an ex....

Learning to live with a pilot

I don't think the author actually describes how she learned to live with her pilot but it does give an outsider's view of the world of flying. (Although why, after all those years, she still seems to be an outsider is not adressed...)
ChampChump, lutonwho, T6Harvard and 2 others liked this
What a magic piece, beautifully written :thumleft:

“A Cirrus,” I said. “But not a used Cirrus. A new Cirrus. A Cirrus right off the showroom floor.” The Cirrus lacked the guy factor, but it was one of the safest and most reliable planes on the market—the Toyota Corolla of aviation.

Rob P
lobstaboy, skydriller liked this
By skydriller
That is a really good piece of writing. Its also very indicative of the reason Cirrus is doing so well in the GA market.

Morten wrote:(Although why, after all those years, she still seems to be an outsider is not adressed...)

Actually I think that the piece demonstrates the complete opposite, she was an outsider and wanted to remain that way, but its impossible to be so remote from someone with a passion for something if you want to be in a meaningful relationship with them - you have to be at least partially involved.

Regards, SD..
ChampChump, Ben K liked this
Rob P wrote:What a magic piece, beautifully written :thumleft:

“A Cirrus,” I said. “But not a used Cirrus. A new Cirrus. A Cirrus right off the showroom floor.” The Cirrus lacked the guy factor, but it was one of the safest and most reliable planes on the market—the Toyota Corolla of aviation.

Rob P

I do hope I "liked" @Rob P s post and clip from the article for the right reason?
By Morten
skydriller wrote:That is a really good piece of writing. Its also very indicative of the reason Cirrus is doing so well in the GA market.
Morten wrote:(Although why, after all those years, she still seems to be an outsider is not adressed...)

Actually I think that the piece demonstrates the complete opposite, she was an outsider and wanted to remain that way, but its impossible to be so remote from someone with a passion for something if you want to be in a meaningful relationship with them - you have to be at least partially involved.

Agree with the last bit - and probably part of why the person forwarding this to me is an ex - but I didn't see the author really having done that. She seems to tolerate rather than embrace and observe rather understand. But maybe I expect too much from partners :lol:

Not quite sure Cirrus would want to be described as the Toyota Corolla of GA... but if it sells aircraft (which it seems to!), why not?
By GrahamB
Dodo wrote:I am jealous that at the peak of my professional medical earnings I could just about afford to run a 50 year old C172, not a brand new Cirrus.

Ever walked up 5th Avenue where it overlooks Central Park?

In some of the blocks in what must be some of the most desirable, expensive real estate in the city, just about every ground floor apartment is occupied by a medic of some description.

It must say something about an insurance-based health care system.
PeteSpencer, Dodo, T6Harvard liked this