Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Staverton, of course! And, also of course, on a Saturday or Sunday, to visit Jet Age :)

[ https://jetagemuseum.org/how-to-find-us/ .. and scroll down to

"Visit Jet Age Museum by Air"

One can pay landing fee and book out for departure by 'phone from the Museum. All visitors by air are welcome, but some are posher than others :) ; this from last week:

https://www.glosnews.com/articles/spice ... -a-day-out ]
Rob P liked this
lobstaboy wrote:... Geri definitely isn't posh (that was one of the other ones). Still I'm glad they enjoyed their visit.

I was actually talking about the visiting aircraft (twin, IFR, 2 pilot, turboshaft helicopter) :?

[and the tether on the lid of the trash bin by the picnic tables coped with the downwash :) ]

But yes, the guests (including the 2 epauletted pilots :wink: ) were all delightful, chatty, informal, and clearly interested in the exhibits :thumright:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Post PPL and after a coupla checkout flights on the school's PA28-140/150, (I trained on PA38s) which also included a 'cross channel checkout' to Le Touquet with instructor (school requirement) and my daughter as pax, I seem to have visited Cambridge, Norwich, Southend, though I did nip over to Hinton to suss out Jim Hilton's (RIP) India-Mike-Charlie residential outfit at Turdy.

I think I just wanted to taste tarmac having trained entirely on grass at Ipswich (RIP), though I did seem to spend the entire summer taking my 13 year old daughter and her schoolfriends to fly over their houses.

Later that year I did the one week IMCr course with Jim.

Within 18 months of PPL I had joined the Arrow group which I am in to this day, spurred on by the fact that the school sold the PA28 and the only thing left to hire was a sodding great C182......
(I also resented having to fork out for an instructor checkout if I went over 28 days, which because of my work roster I often did.)