Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By classgee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Doesn't sound like the design has progressed much more than that single power point page yet... Kits for whatever the final design turns out to be must be at least two to three years away.

Would have expected something a bit more solid before Vans announced it...
By foxmoth
It would be good if they could sort out shipping the kits already on order first, a friend has been told a long delay (8 months IIRC) on his RV7 finishing kit and I am hearing much the same from others.
On the RV15. I see it will be 'back-country capable'

Has anyone noticed we are a little short of back country here in the crowded Great Britain? Scots and Welsh can demur if they wish

I foresee this being the UK GA equivalent of all those LandRovers we see with huge tyres, row of spotlights, snorkels and winches, driven by people who think it somehow qualifies them to display a "One life, live it" sticker on the back window.

All dressed up and nowhere to go?

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeronco, rf3flyer, shortwing and 1 others liked this
By skydriller
Hmmm.

Say "Ive got an RV" to any pilot and they think "efficient sportsplane, allrounder, aerobatics to fast cruising". They dont think "rugged bushplane".

I hope it works for them, but they are completely different design philosophies. But then they have a 4 seater and micro now dont they?

Regards, SD..
By seanxair
Rob P wrote:I foresee this being the UK GA equivalent of all those LandRovers we see with huge tyres, row of spotlights, snorkels and winches, driven by people who think it somehow qualifies them to display a "One life, live it" sticker on the back window.

Rob P

We usually have to tow them off our lane when we have drifting snow. Clowns :lol: