Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A big shout out to the wonderful bunch of guys from the Severn Valley Microlight Club I tagged along with Monday to Thursday. I got home late last night after some weather issues and finished the week off with this pic as I came back from being flown on an hour's bimble this evening. Well, to be honest it was the second attempt at coming home, the first being abandoned as there was an SAR heli sitting in the middle of the runway. Five days flying and on three of them we had issues with helicopters. Couldn't make it up. :lol:

Dave W, Flyin'Dutch', Charles Hunt and 10 others liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:.. SAR heli sitting in the middle of the runway. Five days flying and on three of them we had issues with helicopters. ..

I'm guessing that beautiful flying weather is closely correlated with beautiful seaside and hillside leisure weather, and thence with people who haven't been out much in such for months getting into the sorts of trouble where SAR help is then needed .. :roll:

Lovely pictures, anyway; some, at least not looking much like Severn Valley :)
Your guess is not quite right @kanga, there was a helimed, a Merlin and last night's SAR. As I said to the crew member from the helimed, as he held on to my tent for me at Glenforsa; I consider my problem of losing my tent insignificant relative to requiring to be airlifted to Glasgow late in the evening. :wink:

On the other hand, the crew of the Merlin that risked mixing 15 perfectly serviceable aircraft with each other and with the owner's tents. :roll: :lol: :evil: I'm convinced the cockpit audio would go something along the lines of….watch this lot scatter to their aeroplanes, see told you so, followed by much hilarity as his wish was being granted and towels and smalls, which had been hung out to dry, took to the air. :lol: The flexwing's wing did a bit of 'flexing'. :shock:

It did cause me to question if, as for fixed wing, there were standard separation parameters. I'm surprised there is not.

Parked aircraft, taken from the centre line the Merlin flew along.

14 500kgs of Merlin.

Helimed.

kanga, MichaelP, rohmer and 1 others liked this
ah, thanks :?

I recall from '70s being sat in an AA-5, engine just started, at a dispersal at St Athan when a Sea King ground-taxied (ie, on wheels) slowly past on a nearby taxiway. We got associated vortices both directly and reflected from a nearby closed hangar door. It was on the 'alarming' side of memorable.

Other pertinent memories (including another of mine) in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=100876

.. and the Sea King/C182 fatal at St Mawgan (and MoD payout):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4449882.stm