Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Goodwood announced today the untimely death of Rob Wildeboer.

Rob was the Flying School Manager and passed away in hospital yesterday afternoon after a very short illness.

Rob joined Goodwood straight from school aged 16, initially as an aircraft engineering apprentice, making his way to Aviation General Manager before taking on and heading up the Flying School.

Goodwood summed up his contribution saying; “He was a one-man institution at the aerodrome, loved by all who came into contact with him and absolutely integral to everything we do in the aviation business.”

On a personal note, I have known Rob for many years and can honestly say that I have rarely met a kinder, more considerate and enthusiastic person in general aviation. Rob helped me to get back into an aeroplane in very difficult circumstances with kindness, patience and compassion and without his help I am not certain I would be flying again now.

My thoughts and I am sure those of many others that knew Rob, are with his wife and their two boys.

Blue skies friend.
By JodelDavo
A tragic loss to the Goodwood community. I was chatting with him only last week and he was on top form flying the T6

I first met Rob when I worked for the regulator. He always had a smile, and it was always a pleasure to bump into him at Goodwood regularly even though we had both changed jobs.

Sad times. RIP mate. :(
Last edited by JodelDavo on Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
So so sad.

Rob was always enthusiastic, always positive and always had a smile.

Bloody hell.

Ian
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I knew Rob from my Goodwood days and very sorry to hear of his passing. RIP and Blue Skies.
By midlifec
Shocked and saddened to hear this, Rob was always a delight to be with, one of the very best and seemingly always at the top of his game. He will be missed.