Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Cub wrote:I have been searching the U.K. AIP for the “Sandown Local Flying Area” but to no avail.

What is going on within Airspace Regulation? :wall:

Looks like the person who issues RA(T)s is on a bonus scheme

All the sensible people left/leaving in droves... Nobody likes a sinking ship. I saw it coming 5 years ago

We made the right decision Cub :thumleft:
AlanC, Rob P, BEX liked this
It is my local flying area but above 2000' so I will expect lots of audience on wide orbits 2200'-2500' all looking down.
I remember "them" putting a 2000' RA(t) around a US ship anchored in the Solent a few years ago led to CTA infringements by overfliers just west of it, so the most recent similar RA(t) for a US ship was up to 1500', I think for that reason
BEX wrote:I can't remember RATs being established for races here in the past. Is this a new policy?

Perhaps it is her Majesty racing round.
2Donkeys liked this
Well, I'll be there, drinking beer & eating pizza come rain or shine. Mrs SS has decided it will be fun to 'camp' in the hangar after watching some aeroplanes zoom about the place. We'll leave Foxy in her den and (hopefully) enjoy the spectacle. Weather's not looking too marvellous so fingers crossed the met guessers have got it wrong and it turns our to be a CAVOK scorcher......apart from at night when well be sleeping in a tin shed (sigh, takes me back to Oz) :D
Given the authorities perceived level of danger necessitating a RA(T) it would seem logical to stop all maritime and leisure boating activity in the incredibly busy Solent area under the RA(T). That will of course not happen but imagine the media furore should an “incident” occur. The greatest risk to the racers at their usual operating height is not stray transiting aircraft but other racing aircraft!Regards Stampe
Fly Safe Fly Considerate Fly Compliant.
2Donkeys, Flyin'Dutch', BEX liked this