Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Ibra wrote:
pullup wrote:
Ibra wrote:
Not much of use then except for EGBT to KJFK !

What I meant is a Dep message is not required if the flight is to be conducted in CAS in Europe. If you are leaving Europe then a Dep message is required.

Got it for leaving Europe but for Europe flight in CAS what does that mean? a bit of examples,
- Going Bembridge to Sandown IFR at 3000ft needs DEP message? (Yes or No, I guess no body cares :lol: )
- Going Sandown to Cherbourg IFR at 6000ft needs DEP message? (I am sure Deauville ATC cares)
- Going Cardiff to Cherbourg airways IFR initially will not need DEP as tower ATC will handle it? or it has to be fully in CAS, say FL120?

If the flight is conducted within CAS (Controlled Air Space) then no Dep message is sent.

If operated outside CAS (IFR or VFR) then a Dep message is sent.

The logic being that if the flight is within CAS, “the system” will know if anything untoward happens.
Ibra liked this
In practical terms, why is light aviation treated so differently from normal, earthbound life! I frequently jump on my bike go to a T junction and then turn left or right. I might be gone for 4 hours and could be anywhere within 400 square miles. If I fall off into a ditch and lie there undiscovered for weeks no-one has a clue where I am! My flightplan sometimes consists of a scribbled note next to the kettle saying " gone for a ride".
I certainly haven't rung a cafe to ask if they've got cake and they wouldn't ring my wife to ascertain whether I left home and to initiate overdue action! I've been out and my planned cafe was shut so I found another.
:D :D :D
Iceman liked this