Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob S wrote:@PeteSpencer I thought of you a couple of years ago as I had a meeting at West Suffolk Hospital with a lovely orthopod called Paul Nicolai, did you know him, charming chap.

Yep, know him well: He kindly sorted out a shoulder problem I had a few years ago.

Nice chap: On at Addenbrookes too.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Hi Rob

Times are tough, so unlikely to pay anything/much. What's the subject? If you'd prefer not to say in public, drop me an email or PM.

Brgds

Ian
By Rob S
Hi Ian, prefer not to say so please can you PM me or give me your email address - hope you're well (and all other forumites)
By Rob S
Irv Lee wrote:@Rob S What happened to all that money you got from the Left Hander?.... your business partner had enough from it to buy a flying club.

Drugs and women :D
Irv Lee liked this
By Rob S
PeteSpencer wrote:
Rob S wrote:@PeteSpencer I thought of you a couple of years ago as I had a meeting at West Suffolk Hospital with a lovely orthopod called Paul Nicolai, did you know him, charming chap.

Yep, know him well: He kindly sorted out a shoulder problem I had a few years ago.

Nice chap: On at Addenbrookes too.

If you ever see him please give him my regards, a true gent and he loved Genesis!
By Irv Lee
JAFO wrote:
Rob S wrote:
Irv Lee wrote:@Rob S What happened to all that money you got from the Left Hander?.... your business partner had enough from it to buy a flying club.

Drugs and women :D

At least you didn't waste it.

Yes, but that was direct spend. If the bossman paid him any money now, that just adds an extra level into the money flow process, at a time when we are all trying to make things more efficient. It would be much more logical and efficient if the bossman spent it on those directly without the extra step of channelling it through @Rob S .
By Rob S
@JAFO - very funny

Irv still hoping someone will give him a contract as a stand up comedian!

No I am not flying George - glad you are well though, funnily enough I found the recording of Eggheads recently - can't believe that's 13 years ago.
George, Irv Lee, Rob P liked this
By Dave W
Rob S wrote:I went to Lundy last year (oh no I didn't it was 2 years ago) on the boat (not pleasant) and couldn't believe anyone would fly in there!

Lots do every year - this was last year's event write-up. It was truly magnificent. :D

Frustratingly my magic carpet has just gone u/s so I am worried I may not get to fly her there for this year's event, which is in only a couple of weeks. Boo!
By Rob S
Dave W wrote:
Rob S wrote:I went to Lundy last year (oh no I didn't it was 2 years ago) on the boat (not pleasant) and couldn't believe anyone would fly in there!

Lots do every year - this was last year's event write-up. It was truly magnificent. :D

Frustratingly my magic carpet has just gone u/s so I am worried I may not get to fly her there for this year's event, which is in only a couple of weeks. Boo!

That's a really good write up. I did see Puffins, lots of them, but as you say by about now they have probably dispersed and won't be seen again until April. Didn't see the wreckage, didn't even know about it, poor research!
Dave W liked this
By Rob S
Barcli wrote:just ordered - looking forward to reading Banxie in St Lucia later this year

Thank you very much, hope you enjoy it!