Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob S
Hello FF

Here I am back again - quick question, really for Ian Seager, but now that Flyer is not printed I was wondering if articles that are published are still paid for or is it all free? I have an idea for an article and could do with a bit of beer money!

Hope you are all well, happy landings.

Rob S
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob S wrote:Hello FF

Here I am back again - quick question, really for Ian Seager, but now that Flyer is not printed I was wondering if articles that are published are still paid for or is it all free? I have an idea for an article and could do with a bit of beer money!

Hope you are all well, happy landings.

Rob S

Just write another book: Everybody's doing it..... :lol:
JAFO, rohmer, kanga liked this
By Rob S
I already did, two in fact.

Here is the latest, nothing to do with birds (2012) or 'planes (2002), but essential reading for any would be dog owners! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Banxie-scratch ... 0954228928

Joking apart (although please feel free to buy the dogging book) I would like to know about articles for Flyer if anyone can help - thanks

Rob S
Agis liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ian & Ed were certainly paying a bit last year, when I wrote up the Lundy wonderfulness.

What with that and the forum moderators' stipend, I have put in an order for a brand new Extra 300.

Every Little Helps™.
Kittyhawk, townleyc liked this
By Rob S
Ha ha Dave that is funny. I went to Lundy last year (oh no I didn't it was 2 years ago) on the boat (not pleasant) and couldn't believe anyone would fly in there!

@JAFO it was called "Notes from a small mind" and is now completely out of print and will remain so. Sometimes they come up on ebay or on Amazon for ridiculous prices but if you are desperate to read it then email me or PM me (not sure you can do that now, couldn't find it when I tried to PM Bossman) and I can send you a copy in Word but it is a rough copy, as was the book!
JAFO, Dave W liked this
By Rob S
@PeteSpencer I thought of you a couple of years ago as I had a meeting at West Suffolk Hospital with a lovely orthopod called Paul Nicolai, did you know him, charming chap.
By Rob S
@Agis - did you download it? Thanks for that, hope you enjoy it, it is a bit sweary and brutal but hopefully amusing too.
By Rob S
JAFO wrote:
Rob S wrote:I already did, two in fact.

Here is the latest, nothing to do with birds (2012) or 'planes (2002), but essential reading for any would be dog owners! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Banxie-scratch ... 0954228928

Hi Rob, I've got Birduder 344, what's the aeroplane one? 2002 is before my time on FLYER.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Notes-Small-Ro ... 0954228901
JAFO liked this
By Agis
Yes, it's on my tablet. :thumleft:

Rob S wrote:@Agis - did you download it? Thanks for that, hope you enjoy it, it is a bit sweary and brutal but hopefully amusing too.