Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:@Hooligan - now I want to read your book. :thumright:

Ah, any book I wrote would be a tissue of fabrication... mind you...

Thoroughly enjoyed Above the Law, wonderful account of your time with Suffolk Police and an excellent insight into the work carried out by the air support units, with the right amount of humour and some lovely asides on other topics. I remember several of your shouts from the news. Next time my neighbours complain on "Nextdoor" about the circling blue and yellow "chopper" disturbing their peace, I'll point them at the book - "read this".

Tick VG!
JAFO liked this
By townleyc
Just finished it - a wonderful read. Many thanks.

I have recommended to a few friends - mostly not aviators, but people who I think will enjoy it. I will add an Amazon review (as CCT) tomorrow

KE
tr7v8, JAFO liked this
By Dave W
Last year, we lost from that cruel disease cancer, a very good friend and extremely talented colleague.

He was a wonderful chap who latterly had been a pilot for Dyfed-Powys police. I reckon his family will love reading this as a memory of that part of his life, even though obviously it's based around a different part of the UK. So I shall be sending them a copy. :thumleft:

RIP, DT. :(
tr7v8, Hooligan, JAFO and 1 others liked this
By patowalker
The paperback edition must be selling well. Amazon, Waterstone,s, WH Smith and Browns do not have it available for immediate dispatch.
By JAFO
patowalker wrote:The paperback edition must be selling well. Amazon, Waterstone,s, WH Smith and Browns do not have it available for immediate dispatch.

Believe me, I am working hard at getting the publishers to rectify that.
T6Harvard, patowalker liked this
By JAFO
Miscellaneous wrote:Sold out already, @JAFO, seems like a rags to riches story.

Unfortunately it will be a rags to ... oh, still rags, story if it's not put right soon. Of course I'm over the moon that it has sold so well that copies are like hen's teeth at the moment but I'd rather that people were able to buy copies.

I have a handful so people can PM me if they haven't got their copy yet and just can't wait.
Hooligan liked this
By Miscellaneous
JAFO wrote:Unfortunately it will be a rags to ... oh, still rags, story if it's not put right soon.

So there's still hope. :thumright: :D

JAFO wrote:Of course I'm over the moon that it has sold so well that copies are like hen's teeth at the moment but I'd rather that people were able to buy copies.

Maybe I should get my copy on ebay for a pound or two profit? :lol:

I've yet to finish it, don't want it to end really. :D
tr7v8, Hooligan, JAFO and 1 others liked this
By JAFO
patowalker wrote:Can't get hold of the book, so had to google. :D

For that I can only apologise, they were a bit taken by surprise when the initial print run sold out within ten days. They're working hard to get it back in stock as soon as possible. PM me if you'd like a copy, I do have a couple of copies.

There are still a handful of copies in bookshops and it's still available for Kindle. Hopefully back in the big retailers in about a week's time.